Recipe by Maria Laura Haddad
Sunday morning pancakes are now for every day of the week during stay at home! The problem with traditional pancakes is that they’re packed with refined flour and sugars, making your blood sugar surge but leaving you hungry soon after.
You can have your pancakes and eat them too now -- by adding oats! Stir in some fiber and protein-packed oatmeal for some long-term energy to keep you going the whole day. BTW, the additional superfoods don’t hurt, either!
CRAVE NATURAL FOCUS OATS PANCAKES
2 servings: 6 pancakes (4" size)
- 2 servings of Crave Natural Focus Oats
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp of almond milk
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour a spoonful of pancake batter into round circles; you can use egg/pancake rings for a perfect shape.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Choose your favorite add ons to your pancakes: honey, dark chocolate chips, greek yogurt, fruit.