By Maria Laura Haddad
I love coming up with little alterations to bring new life to familiar classics. Banana bread is the perfect thing to bake on a lazy spring weekend. Osmanthus, cashew and flax seeds add an extra aromatic layer to this comforting treat. Feel free to swap cashew milk for another non-dairy milk.
- 2 servings of Crave Calm Oats
- ¾ cup of old fashioned rolled oats (trimmed)
- 2-3 medium bananas (ripe and mashed)
- 1/3 cup of honey
- ½ cup of coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of walnuts or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry products; Crave Calm Oats, trimmed oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a larger bowl, beat eggs, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and Greek Yogurt. Add the bananas, the dry ingredients mixture and the walnuts/chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a 9x5 inch greased pan, sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.